Wednesday, September 7, 2011

~ White After Labor Day ~


I have chosen to buck the system and defy tradition ... and it's really not the first time. Today, the 7th of September ... two full days after Labor Day ... I offer you the chance to bask in some white.


These first three pictures are all from Coastal Living and I have always loved them. I love the white all by itself, but even more I love how the other colors stand up and salute when placed against the purity of a white background.

I'm a girl who lived with blazing sun in my life almost every single day of the year for over 30 years. Now that I'm in a more tempered climate, I have to have my daily fix of light or I feel a little ... um ... loony.


So this last picture is of my living room complete with my "wedding veil" curtains. They let in the light and on a really sunny day, they sparkle a little. I got them ... you guessed it ... at IKEA. Once again, I have spoken too late and don't see these particular beauties on their website. They are simply made of fairly substantial white tulle. I would seriously consider using them to make a wedding veil, I'm not kidding.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to put on some white pants.

hah.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. Wow, those are all great rooms! The bead board ceiling is something I'd love to do here. Your windows are gorgeous. Love the little square ones on top!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love white! I have the issue of Coastal Living that room up top is in and I've always loved it. Your living room looks lovely, too! The blue and white is so serene and yet bright. Love it!

    ~Angela~

    ReplyDelete