Saturday, September 3, 2011

~ Hi ... I'm new here ~



So I am giving birth this morning to this new baby of mine. Her name is Sea Quilts and I have been in labor for several days now. She is ... most assuredly ... a labor of love.

You see, I just left 30 years of living in the desert and am now settled within a short drive of the Pacific Ocean. I do love the Pacific Ocean and all her many gifts.

I also love to quilt.

About two years ago, while basking in the Arizona heat and cooling myself off by reading a stack of Coastal Living magazines, I had an epiphany: I wanted only to sew ... the sea. I found my head exploding with ideas and pictures and coastal icons that I wanted to bring together with fabric and thread. That very afternoon I started on "Thar She Blows", seen above.

And that was just the beginning.

Sea Quilts will indeed be about quilting and the coast, but that only opens the door to home decor and color and all sorts of inspiration from around the blogosphere. I'll throw in some tips about small space living and top it off with a few recipes.

Please come back, I don't think you'll be disappointed.

I'm the new kid on the block. You need to be nice to me.




Posted by Picasa

1 comment: