Tuesday, September 13, 2011

~ September Splendor ~


For the record -- I have not lived in a 4-season climate since 1980. And for 30 of the 31 years since then, I lived in Arizona which basically has two seasons, "really hot" and "not as hot". There were subtle variations that a long-timer became more intimately aware of as the years progressed. I have always loved fall (having grown up in a 4-season climate) and after several years in AZ, I did notice that the leaves did start to change colors and drop from the trees. The problem was that this was generally happening sometime between the second and third week in ... December. I am sorry to say that I was otherwise preoccupied with the decking of halls and could not stop to smell the autumn air. That always made me sad.


I still do not live in an official 4-season climate, but to my absolute delight I have begun to notice the hints of fall ... in September ... just as it should be. The top pictures were all taken from my front porch -- as were the other two pictures. After my front door was repainted the same burnt red, I bought her a present. When I saw this wreath at Target, I could hear it begging me to place it on my front door. What's a girl to do?


I hope you are enjoying the sights and smells of autumn.

I also hope that your front door can be as happy (and satisfied) as mine. Let me know if you have some pictures of fall, because I am going to want to see them.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I love your sweet front door! Mine is close to the same color and I think she needs a berry wreath this fall too.

    We moved to the northeast from Houston, so I am really, really enjoying the changing of the seasons. I think our minds and souls benefit from this change.

    Lovely blog!

    ReplyDelete