Saturday, December 3, 2011

~ Ooh ... Shiny ~


I loved decorating my sweet turquoise coffee table (aka "the surfboard") this year and am thrilled to see how the blues and greens sparkle together.


This little bowl was a find several years ago ... I believe at the Dollar Store. It could be a priceless antique and I wouldn't love it anymore.


A couple of years ago I picked up these green sparkly "picks" at Hobby Lobby, to put on my tree but found that they blended just a bit too much. I simply arranged them in my santa bowl and they light up the room.


I love how they mirror the color of the green vanity table just inches away. The green table is an honest-to-goodness antique, passed down from my father's side of the family and "antiqued" in the 60s or 70s by my mom who was clearly ahead of her time.


I pulled these candle holders out of my bathroom and put them in a proper Christmas setting, which was the original intent when I bought them at Target last year.


The white snowflake buckets were a Target dollar-bin find last Christmas. You may be wondering why I was purchasing Christmas decor last year when ... truth be told ... I was up to my eyeballs in boxes and bubble-wrap (planning for my move on December 29.) I wondered that myself ... last year. This year it is crystal clear why I was so inspired.


The most important things about the buckets are the treasures nestled inside them. Pretzel M&Ms. Enough said. Enough eaten.


I have decorated my family room in reds and greens with a cozy, traditional, Christmas vibe. But I can't tell you how much I love the cool elegance of my living room's own seasonal colors.



And the M&Ms. I can't stress how much I love the M&Ms. How about you?

Linking to Coastal Christmas
Linking to Home Sweet Home
Linking to Creative Me Monday
Linking to Turquoise Lovin' Party
Linking to Holiday House Party

Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

  1. You must have a really good camera because your photos are always so sharp and inviting. I love the table decorations. It is all so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty! I love that shade of green for Christmas. Thank you for joining me at Home Sweet Home!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to have to try those m&m's. I haven't had them before. I used a turquoise and green theme last year and really loved it. yours looks great. It goes so nice with your everyday colorscheme.

    ReplyDelete
  4. that looks real nice. especially the snowflake bucket.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful home you have. Your green and blue/turquois colours are so elegant with your light furnishings. You are very lucky and talented to put it all together.
    I have found your blog from Nanette's and I love your "Ginger Snaps" pattern and the quilt you made. Is the pattern available for sale anywhere please?
    Very gratefully yours, Luba

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful! I'm stopping over from Creative Me Monday and love your decor :)

    Happy Monday,
    Dani

    http://littlespindle-dani.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love blues and greens! Great Christmas decorations! I am following, and found this blog at the Sally Lee By The Sea Linky Party :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretzel M&M's - they sound amazing!! I must find :O)

    Thanks so much for sharing your Christmas article at our linky party - we LOVE it!!

    Coastal Christmas Hugs,
    Marie

    ReplyDelete