Thursday, November 10, 2011

~ Gifts from the Sea ~


Several years ago, one of my daughters gave me a particularly welcome birthday gift.  Unlike most summers, we had not been able to take a family vacation to the beach and I was feeling a tad blue about that while sweating out the Arizona heat.


One day there was a knock on the door and the sweet UPS man handed me a rather large box from Crate & Barrel.  I love Crate & Barrel!


Inside were these scrumptious beachy beauties and a note from my daughter indicating that she hoped it would bring some beach into my life, even if I couldn't be there in person to enjoy it.


I am pretty certain I could smell the ocean air as I removed the bubble wrap.


Now these lovely urchins sit on my coffee table in my home ... just miles from the beach.


linking to Home Sweet Home
linking to Inspiration Friday

10 comments:

  1. Your glass sea urchins are so pretty! What a thoughtful daughter!

    Thanks for your visit and your kind words. Have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A daughter like that is a true treasure!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your kind comments about my pillow! I LOVE your crab quilt! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She sounds like the best daughter ever!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It sounds like you have a very thoughtful and loving daughter. I have a wonderful relationship with my Mother which means the world to me. You must have that with your daughter also. Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving the nice comment. Please visit again! ------Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  6. How sweet of your daughter to give you these beautiful gifts. They are beachy and beautiful. Thanks for the visit.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are beautiful! Such nice gifts! Thank you for linking it up to Home Sweet Home!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  8. So lovely~ thanks so much for sharing at Feathered Nest Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anne Morrow Lindbergh has given us such an amazing gift of a novel. It was written many years ago but it is filled with timeless wisdom. A different chapter will probably resonate with you with each reading, which is what makes it so breath-takingly beautiful. I want to read it everyday to remind myself of the beauty of words and to be reassured that I am not alone in my feelings or fears.

    ReplyDelete