Monday, November 14, 2011

~ Design + Wall ~

Yes, I worked on the stocking this week and no, I didn't finish it.  I still need to do the "cuff" with the machine embroidered name of Granddaughter #4 ... Grandchild #5.
You can see it hung here on the design wall in my somewhat small miniscule studio. The little design wall I was working with worked fine for the individual placement of blocks, but when I put the quilts together, I need something bigger.

Then I found this absolutely stellar idea in an issue of BH&G American Patchwork & Quilting.  First, I bought a flannel backed tablecloth.  On the non-flannel side on the top, I reinforced it with duct tape.

Then I hung two hooks over my closet door (a space going totally unused when space it at a premium here) and cut slits in the table cloth (through the duct tape) to correspond with the hooks. Voila! A new design wall.  I can take down my "wall" quite easily, although I will admit to just leaving it up and pushing it aside when I need to get in the closet.

I am not gonna lie:  the reason I didn't finish the stocking is that I only do this machine embroidery stuff about once a year and I just didn't have it in me to experience that learning curve once again.  I will absolutely have it done by next week at this time.

And I'm counting on you people to hold me to it.

Linking to
Linking to The Girl Creative
Linking to Creative Me Monday

No comments:

Post a Comment