Monday, November 14, 2011

~ Design + Wall ~


Yes, I worked on the stocking this week and no, I didn't finish it.  I still need to do the "cuff" with the machine embroidered name of Granddaughter #4 ... Grandchild #5.
You can see it hung here on the design wall in my somewhat small miniscule studio. The little design wall I was working with worked fine for the individual placement of blocks, but when I put the quilts together, I need something bigger.


Then I found this absolutely stellar idea in an issue of BH&G American Patchwork & Quilting.  First, I bought a flannel backed tablecloth.  On the non-flannel side on the top, I reinforced it with duct tape.


Then I hung two hooks over my closet door (a space going totally unused when space it at a premium here) and cut slits in the table cloth (through the duct tape) to correspond with the hooks. Voila! A new design wall.  I can take down my "wall" quite easily, although I will admit to just leaving it up and pushing it aside when I need to get in the closet.


I am not gonna lie:  the reason I didn't finish the stocking is that I only do this machine embroidery stuff about once a year and I just didn't have it in me to experience that learning curve once again.  I will absolutely have it done by next week at this time.

And I'm counting on you people to hold me to it.

Linking to http://sewhappygeek.co.uk/
Linking to The Girl Creative
Linking to Creative Me Monday

No comments:

Post a Comment