Monday, November 28, 2011

~ Fa la la la Fabric ~


When the bell chimes and it's officially time to get out the goods for Christmas, the first place I go is the closet in my studio and start with the essentials ... Christmas Quilts. 


I taught this little (and I do mean little) number just a year ago.  It is not my own design, it's from a book called Fat Quarter Quilting by Lori Smith.  The fabrics are all my own choice and I changed up the applique on it to add a Christmas vibe.  It measures 16" x 20" and was extremely fun to make.


These next two came from a block exchange quilt from several years ago.  These two blocks were my own.



These next three were from an even older block exchange (bordering on the prior century). The first two pictures are from my own design, filling in the other blocks.



This last one was the contribution of my friend Claudia, who organized (and taught) the whole exchange.  Turns out my friend Claudia has gone and made herself famous among sewing circles, especially those involving machine embroidery.  She is pretty much the Queen of Machine Embroidery and sells her own original patterns here.

Prior to doing that ... she was just The Queen. 


Speaking of quilts and queens and questionsWho won the GiveAway from last week?
Why, Nanette from Freda's Hive, that's who!  Congratulations, Nanette.

I am in the thick of decorating for Christmas, these quilts are just the tip of the iceberg.

And even in Southern California ... this is a mighty fine iceberg.

Linking to Sew Happy Geek
 

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely love Christmas quilts. The first one really caught my eye. Sometime in 2012 I'm going to make a PA Dutch quilt. The birds with the pear would be perfect for something like that. I love the idea since that is like right off a hex sign. Really beautiful work on your quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so talented! I love these quilts. That santa is so cute. :)

    ReplyDelete