Friday, August 23, 2013

~ Blast from the Past Craft ~



So ... I woke up the other morning and, even with my eyes half open, focused on the two recessed rectangles that are above my two closet doors.
(One closet.  Two doors.)


I have awakened to that same sight for 2 1/2 years, but this time was different.
This time I knew that I wanted to fill those spaces with something.
Something simple.


Back in the 80's, I did my fair share of stencilling, but I had not given it much thought until the other morning.


I had been reminded of stencilling because I had purchased ... and inhaled repeatedly ... this delightful and gorgeous book by Dena Fishbein of Dena Designs.

In the back of the book is a stencil.  A free stencil.
So within moments of waking up, my plan was already in motion.  I did have to buy new stencil brushes as my old ones would be almost 30 years old ... if they had survived the moves.

So while still in my jammies this morning, I stencilled with glee.

Thank you Dena!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment