Tuesday, August 20, 2013

~ A Binding Agreement ~



So ... I was finishing up my latest project yesterday and starting on the binding.
(You can see that I attach the sleeve to the top and sew within the 1/4" seam before I start the binding process.)

Anyhoo, that got me to thinking about the three (3!) tutorials I published a little over a year ago which outline the quilt binding process that I taught at this store in AZ for over 6 years.

Since then they have been pinned countless times, but I know personally that I often pin something and then neglect to ever actually go back and reference it when I need it.

Sad but true.


So here is a reminder to take a look.  I can promise you that you won't ever want to use another binding method after you have tried this one.


Tutorial One: How to get crisp, square, professionally looking corners.
See HERE.

(And yes ... I changed the "sky" on my quilt.  About 6 times.)


Tutorial Two: How to join those edges for a smooth, bump-less junction.
See HERE.


Tutorial Three: Sewing the binding down on the back.
See HERE.

Pin it. Use it. Love it.

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment