Monday, April 16, 2012

~ Sea Notes ~



I am a bargain shopper.  I seldom pay full price for anything.   
I love shopping in discounted stores.
My latest aquisition -- the coastal salt and pepper shakers seen above -- were purchased at Tuesday MorningOn Friday afternoon.  I paid less that $5 for the two of them.
That got me to thinking about some of my other coastal purchases, specifically ... note cards.  I am a sucker
for coastal notecards.  I have WAY more than I will ever need.
That is beside the point.



These ones were also purchased at Tuesday Morning ... about a year ago.


Michaels. 


Michaels.  (These anchors above were actually a gift so they were really inexpensive.)


Marshalls.  About a week ago.  About 3 bucks for 32 of them. 


These are the beauties that started my collection.  These were purchased at Marshalls also, but it's important to note that they are from Crane.  I bought them in the middle of a 115 degree day in Arizona.  I needed to know that somewhere a breeze was blowing on someone sitting on the beach.


I now live a short drive from the beach and have three Adirondak chairs sitting on my front porch, inspired in part by these cards.  They still make me sigh.
As do bargains.
What are some of your favorite bargain haunts?

Linking to:
Creative Me!
Masterpiece Monday
Coastal Charm
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

  1. Mary I love the salt & pepper shakers. Have not been to Tuesday Morning for awhile!

    I have a $100 Gift Card Giveaway from Soft Surroundings if you would like to enter!!

    xoxo
    Karena
    Art by Karena

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went to Goodwill over the weekend and found a pillow sham that I know normally sells for around $25 at places like Marshalls and Tuesday Mornings. I have been wanting one like this style for quite some time but not willing to spend that kind of money. This one was in perfect condition but there was no price tag. I took it to the counter and asked how much it was. The checker asked her manager who took a quick glance and said $1.99 which thrilled me then he said no and paused...I thought oh no, he is going to increase it out of my range.... he said charge her .99 cents!! Best buy I have gotten in a long while.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great salt and pepper shakers, Mary. I usually go weekly to Tuesday Morning, Dollar Tree, and TJ Maxx to find bargains. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete