Monday, April 15, 2013

~ My first Sea quilt ~



Almost a decade ago ... 9 years to be exact ... I made this quilt.
This was long before the idea of making Sea Quilts was even a glimmer in my eye.


I had received a book on paper-piecing for Christmas and I wanted to try my hand at some free-form design that encorporated some of my new paper-pieced blocks.


I chose the sea as my subject because I have always loved the sea.
Even though, at the time I lived smack dab in the middle of the desert.


As the quilt came together, I wanted to show how the light from the sun was so strong as to penetrate to the depths of the ocean.


I named her "Free Utilities".

I found her in the closet a couple of weeks ago, very grateful that she made the move with me since many, many of my quilts were sold or given away in that process.

After 3+ years of sewing nothing but the sea, this affirms to me that I was on the right track long before I knew that I was.

Because I do so love the Sea.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment: