Friday, August 17, 2012

~ What I did on my Summer Vacation ~



My arrival in the Big Apple.
I was here to visit my one and only son, Sonny Boy, and his wife Mrs. Boy.
It was my third trip here.
If you have been here you know that every new trip here ... is new.


On our first morning, SB and I took a stroll around Brooklyn, which is absolutely oozing with charm.
You can see that charm spilling over this window box.


On the ferry on our way to see the Big Statue.


One World Trade. On the rise.


Sailboats.  Sigh.


Seeing her from the boat.


And through the trees ... and the chain link fence.


The next day Mrs. Boy and I went down to the memorial at Ground Zero.
It was stunning and heartbreaking all at once.


I did my best to capture the sparkle of these falls.  Amazing.


SB (an architect) explained that the outer perimeter of the fountain is the footprint of the building. The inner opening is a footprint of the core of the building, the elevator tower.
You might already know that.


The next day was a 'trip withing a trip' to see the landscape of Connecticut and a visit to Yale.
I'm pretty certain I felt smarter there.


They don't call it the Ivy League for nothing.


The architecture was stunning.


The foliage, amazing.


The water droplets on the lily pads ... freakishly large.


Thanks you SB for being my bestest boy.
Thanks Mrs. Boy for taking a precious day off to hang with your MIL. Who does that??

And thank you NYC for being so Grand.

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. I see the World Trade center rise from my balcony! Glad you had a great trip!!

    ReplyDelete