Wednesday, October 19, 2011

~ Surveying the Landscape ~

When I first saw this picture online at Better Homes & Gardens, I believe my heart skipped a beat. The pale blues and greens had me at "hello", but then I found my eye kept coming back to the landscape painting over the bed. I have always loved landscape art, but I felt like I knew this painting more personally. Oh yeah ... I do.


This painting which hangs over the dresser in my guest room has a very similar structure and I cherish it.


I bought it for a whopping $15 at a thrift shop years ago. Later I had it reframed for much more than that. The tole-painted bucket was also a steal on the bargain table at Anthropologie. Also years ago. It's place in the guest room is somewhat temporary while holiday decor takes over my pseudo-mantle.


I can't talk about landscape without a picture of the actual landscape just a hop, skip and a jump from my home. I walk this way every morning. I actually do not hop, skip or jump. I just walk.

I do love the landscape around here.

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. I love the colors in that room as well. But your green dress and the bucket are just as pretty! The landscape above it looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your hard work paid off..it's so pretty!
    ♥Linsey
    http://farmhouseporch.blogspot.com/2011/10/i-found-hidden-treasure-in-my-home.html

    ReplyDelete