Monday, June 3, 2013

~ The Spice of Sea Life ~

 
 
 
 
 


Most quilters who have been at it for a number of years, tend to lean towards a certain style or palette of colors.

About 5 years ago, when I made my choice as to where I would lean ... I chose the subject matter.

Having chosen to sew all things coastal, I have opened up my heart, mind and ... stash ... to a myriad of possiblilites.  This has been ever so apparently (and delightfully fun!) to me these past few weeks as I have worked on this project.

I am making iPad covers to sell here  at The JOY Expo this Saturday, June 8th.
With every single one, I tried to envision some new individual's style and palette, while still able to keep to my subject matter.

It has been an absolute JOY.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

  1. All are cute! Hope you do well at the expo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute. Love your stuff. ALl of it. The boat has such whimsy and motion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are darling, especially the sailboat. We're kinda neighbors, I also live in the OC and blog at sunsetcoasting.blogspot.com. I do a weekly share of quilts and things from my sewing class and lots of other projects for the home. Glad I found your blog, following you for sure!
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello! Thanks for sharing at Submarine Sunday last week! I featured your project at this week's party!

    Navy Wifey Peters @ Submarine Sunday Link Party #35

    ReplyDelete