A week or so ago ... I made this bookcover.
The outer fabric was from a scrap a friend had given me a couple of years ago. I purposely centered those lovely roses on the back.
I lined it with flannel because the front of my "book" is actually a screen and I wanted to protect it.
Then, in the process of designing my latest quilt, I got out my handy-dandy design notebook. I had forgotten that the same friend who gave me the fabric had helped me make this book cover, from a pattern she designed at Liberty Star.
She helped me with the construction and then I added the monogram on the front and the inside pockets. When I opened it up and saw the inside pocket I realized ...
... oh yeah, I had used that fabric before. Also to cover a book.
The back flap has a double-duty pocket.
Handstitched with some bright pink running stitches.
I love that the notebook is a graph book. I used it to design the appliques on my June Bug quilt.
Reading is a lot more fun than it used to be.