Saturday, March 2, 2013

~ belly up in blue ~



Although I am happy to announce that my grandson T turned 6 yesterday, the point of the picture above is to show you how my bar stools looked before I took some paint to them ...


Ta Da! This is how they look now.


I had the choice to carry the rather heavy bar stools down a flight of stairs to the garage to paint them ... or to leave them in the kitchen with a lot of wet wipes at hand.  Plan B it was and I'm happy to announce that nothing dripped that I couldn't wipe up.


I painted them the very color of my kitchen walls ... a pale, pale aqua ... which is about my favorite color in the world.

I love how they stand out against my dark cabinetry.  Truth be told, I wasn't totally enamored of those dark cabinets when I first moved in, but now the whole thing makes my heart sing.

I am thrilled with how they turned out.

And very thankful for Advil. 
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

  1. You are right: They look fabulous against the dark of the cabinets... I love what you have done with them... :)


    hugs x
    Crystelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! Please share it on a terrific linky – Design Décor Tuesday. www.designdecortuesday.blogspot.com. See you there! ☺

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look great now and they really pop against your cabinets. By the way I love the trays on your wall in the background. Your grandson is adorable!
    melinda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for linking in to Design Decor Tuesday. Looking forward to seeing what you post next week!

    Jennifer
    www.thejennyevolution.com

    ReplyDelete